Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Taber: RSF Evacuation Likely To End Thursday, Not During Night

Since the afternoon is wearing on, I checked in with FD spokesperson Julie Taber about when the evacuation might end:

"I don’t think they would do it [repopulation] during the night," Taber said. "At this point I would look for them to start sometime tomorrow. That’s unofficial. I wouldn’t plan on it for today."

Once again, this is NOT official and we do not know for sure when people will be allowed back into RSF. But with the sun descending in the bright-orange sky and long evening shadows coming on here in Rancho Santa Fe, it looks like it might be another day before residents can return to their homes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy www.GiantSchnoodles.com
For people with asthma or breathing problems in SoCal
Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:38PM
76.195.181.101

The first thing I did when the fire started was go and talk to Louella at AirGas. She is an industrial safety expert who I have been dealing with for as long as I've bee in business. 1989. She advised a 3M mask under $20 with pink filters NIOsh P100 also by 3M. She said this is the very best to protect your lungs from the dust & ash that can get into your lungs during the fire & afterward. They also have saftey glasses which I always buy for sun glasses. They look stylish. They are very cheap, about $5 & protect against UV rays as well as industrial protection. You can also get them clear to protect your eyes. Puppy love from Joy de la Ren caringpro@yahoo.com

Ryan said...

I was able to get up to Cielo earlier today (Wednesday). I drove down multiple streets and no homes were lost from what I saw. Fire came up right to homes and landscaping was burnt, but I saw no homes lost.

Unknown said...

Who is the person in charge of making the decision to repopulate RSF? This is becoming absurd.

scott said...

I want to thank all the firemen that have done a great job protecting and saving our homes. Isn't it interesting that all the fire districts around the rsf district have let residences back to their homes that have been effeted by the fires. not rsf fire district. is the fire chef losing credibility?