Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Zumaque Damage

This is not a complete report of the damage on Zumaque, but I did verify the destruction of the following homes with my own eyes: 16755 (middle), 16729 (top), 16655, 16583 and 16526. There are more, including (I'm pretty sure) the house on the other (north) side of 16755, for the person who asked. I believe that all the homes on the west side of the street made it, but I'll try to get back there later for a full tally. The bottom picture gives you a feel for the huge patch of burn area stretching east.




5 comments:

crosby said...

Is there any other place we can get positive information on 16759. I really appreciate the reponse...and the glimmer of hope when you indicated you weren't completely sure about the house on the north.
thanks again

every7seconds said...

Hi Mr. Crosby, this is Neville Sanjana (my parents own 16765, right next to you). Could you send an email to my parents (sanjanae@aol.com, vsanjana@aol.com) with your cell ph #? I think they'd like to get in touch with you. You can get me at nsanjana@mit.edu

every7seconds said...

Directly from my dad:
Dear Richard:

My house was visited by the tenants representative. My yard is completely burned out Some other exterior damage and smoke damage inside. But the structure is standing. There is heat damage. Inside drapes/ blinds have melted.

please send me you cell number at sanjanae@aol.com.

best

espi

Adrienne said...

Does anyone know about 16832 Zumaque (it sits behind and below 16822 and can't be seen from the street)? It's on the west side and first house in of Las Colinas. It's my father's house and he hasn't been able to find out any information as of yet.
Thanks!

Adrienne said...

Just heard from my father that his home (16832 Zumaque) was spared. It seems the damage was on the lower end of Zumaque on the east (canyon) side of the street. He can't return to the house yet. I hope the rest of you find that your homes are also ok.