Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Message from Supervisor Bill Horn

Message from Supervisor Bill Horn
October 24, 2007

· I want to express my deep sympathies to those who have lost property during the fires that have ravaged North County. I also want to say how proud I am of the tremendous job public safety people have done responding with heroism to save lives and property under near-combat conditions.
· I was able to work with Pete Smith of the Rancho Santa Fe Association in assessing the initial damage done to that historic area
· Today, Supervisor Jacob and I asked the Board to waive fees for permits of those who will need to rebuild in the unincorporated areas of our county and asked that the building process be expedited for fire victims. They unanimously agreed.
· Chairman Ron Roberts has shown great leadership and I have been in contact with him as he has coordinated the effort with federal, state and local officials. This afternoon at 4 PM, I will appear at a news briefing at the Office of Emergency Services to give my perspective on North County.
· When it is safe for people to return to their homes, we will give out specific information as fast as we can
· I am so proud to be your Supervisor and to be with you during this catastrophic event. Together we will rebuild and together we will return our North County to the gem it was before the fires. God bless all of you.

1 comment:

SkyMailer said...

We live on the far West Side of the Covenant and are staying in a hotel. Knowing when the evacuation won't be lifted is as important as when it will be lifted. We understand that you can't tell us when it will be lifted --- but if the RSF evacuation won't be lifted tonight, 10/24. Please tell us. Same for tomorrow.